beetle-killed blue stained pine base with recycled car tire rubber, foam rubber, or beetle killed ash bars
This is professional Marimba performer, Matthew Coley...
...and this is his Signature Mallet Practice Pad System
There are three available playing surfaces:
Beetle Killed Ash
Recycled Car Tire
Soft Foam Rubber
They are sold separately by octave. The top three octaves come with a detachable C bar
When combined, they snap together to make a 5.0 marimba
Pad 1 C2-B2
Pad 2 C3-B3
Pad 3 C4-B4
Pad 4 C5-B5
Pad 5 C6-C7
Each pad is graduated
Finally mallet players have a practice pad!
And because it is by Beetle, it helps the environment!
The Beetle Percussion Matthew Coley Signature Series Modular Marimba/Xylophone Practice Pad
The Beetle Percussion Mallet Pad:
• Modular practice system consisting of five individual pads sized to their respective octave on a 5.0 marimba
• Three available playing surfaces. Soft foam rubber, recycled car tire rubber, and beetle killed Ash.
• Each pad is sold separately and the top three octaves come with detachable C bars to complete a scale.
• When combined they sit together to make a 5.0 marimba.
• You can also combine pads 4,5&5 or 4,5,5&5 to make a 3.0 or 4.0 octave xylophone
• We also make a base that can accommodate all five pads on an x-stand. It also doubles as a snare line pad!
• 100% American materials and %100 hand made
• A reclaimed, environmentally helpful, green mallet pad
Professional marimba performer and Beetle Artist Matthew Coley wanted to be able to silently and accurately warm up back stage as he waited to perform. Since the mallet pads conception, its potential and demand has grown exponentially. We have since developed it with as many options as possible to provide a practice implement that can assist mallet players on all levels for hundreds of uses. At its core, it is a practice pad for mallet players like a snare pad is for snare drummers. It is also a larger modular system that can be combined into a full sized marimba, making a normally extremely limited and expensive instrument more available to many. We make a long base that can accommodate all five pads on an x-stand as well. We also provide three playing surface options. Soft foam that is nearly silent for practicing or pre-warmup, recycled car tire rubber for a harder bouncier, audible surface usable with any stick or mallet - it has more tactile response than the foam rubber, and beetle killed Ash bars that replicate the realistic feel of hardwood bars at a louder volume.
"It is of course very important that you play on a keyboard percussion instrument as much as possible for tone development, pitch understanding, and musicality. However, our approach with the pads is to give players more accessibility to tackling technical, kinetic, and memorization skills and issues. These components of playing can and sometimes should be practiced away from the instrument." - Matthew Coley
By purchasing Beetle Percussion products you help:
• Mitigate forest fires by reducing fuel loads
• Improve forest health and reduce threat of wildfire
• Remove sections of beetle affected decaying forest
• Replace dead carbon producing trees with CO2 consumers
• Help keep tires from landfills and oceans
• Support small American businesses
See more Marimba Pad videos HERE